Construction & Start-up Safety Program Manager (Europe)
Amazon Europe Core SARL - LUX - Luxembourg
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with extensive Health and Safety Management experience, preferably gained in a low margin, high volume environment with warehousing and logistics beneficial
- 4+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental and/or maintenance programs in manufacturing, production, engineering/facilities or service operations
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities, workload and European travel
- Credibility and be able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU HS strategies and change processes
- Used to operating at all levels of the organization from warehouse floor to board level
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant European legislation
- Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation
- Willing to travel, up to 70%
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft office
Construction & Start-up Safety Program Manager will be responsible to partner with Design & Construction, Launch and Start-up teams to manage the safety deliverables required when opening new Amazon buildings, including Fulfillment Centers (FC), Sort Center (SC) and Delivery Center (DC). They will execute the new safety start-up plan to help ensure the site successfully implements our company safety policies and is in compliance to all applicable local and regional safety regulations.
Construction & Start-up Safety Program Manager must demonstrate ability to build trust and confidence with the Construction, Start up, Launch and Operations Team. This individual must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. Construction & Start-up Safety Program Manager will be required to possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
The extent of your duties will include:
- Oversee safety performance metrics reporting and communication around new build processes and projects
- Identify the required safety supplies for new site start-up. Assist in the procurement of the safety items. Set-up all site safety supplies onsite as needed.
- Conduct safety reviews of all new processes and equipment. Identify in detail all safety issues. Develop safety punch list with relevant teams.
- Assist new build project teams in delivering safety excellent processes and operation, right first time facilities throughout Amazon EU regional operations
- Ensure compliance to EU and Country law as it applies to Occupational Safety for all relevant new build projects
- Perform regular analysis and risk assessment of new build processes and standards for site safety improvements and continuous standards improvement
- Ensure that handover of new processes and buildings are compliant with local and Amazon EU required standards.
- Contribute to the development of training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues
- Analyze accident data and develop standards and check-lists to ensure prevention of accidents
- Build a cross functional commitment for Safety through engagement, leadership tools
- Review Standard Operating Procedure changes and make Safety recommendations
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis and Job Safety Analysis
- Develop a positive working relationship with local authorities i.e. Fire Department, EHO where applicable during build processes
- Provide weekly metrics reporting to senior management teams
- Applying Lean tools to Safety: error-proof processes, key risks, use Pareto analysis and other tools to monitor and drive high-effectiveness of new build Safety programs
- Project Work for topics relating to the network
- Support other related network projects
- Maintain communication with Operational Directors and General Managers
- Lead cross functional teams as required to deliver safety excellent processes and buildings
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or Country specific equivalent.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience in safety engineering
- Experience in construction safety
- Environmental qualification/experience an advantage
- Experience managing and leading multiple indirect or direct reports and interacting with cross functional teams.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Compliance Operations AnalysteBay Inc.LuxembourgAt eBay, we are a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. eBay Payments is a growing organization that7 hour agoShareLuxembourg
Librarian Specialist (m/f)Université du LuxembourgLuxembourgDurée déterminéeThe University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly7 hour agoShareLuxembourg
IT Functional/Test Analyst (Oracle BI DWH)Contracts Recruitment ConsultingLuxembourgDurée déterminée<P><U><STRONG>IT Functional/Test Analyst (Oracle BI DWH) -9 hour agoShareLuxembourg
Account Manager - LegalCitcoLuxembourgAccount Manager Legal Luxembourg About Citco Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with more than 7,00023 hour agoShareLuxembourg
Finance ManagerAmazonLuxembourgAmazon Luxembourg DESCRIPTION We are currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Senior Finance Analyst to join our Operations1 day agoShareLuxembourg