Amazon EU SARL - Luxembourg
LuxembourgMaster degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field;
- Extensive experience as an engineer and senior construction manager
- Large experience as a manager/leader in the construction or engineering fields;
- Some experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts as well as interacting with owners’ representation that procures significant long lead equipment.
- Experience leading and manage a global team in multiple time zones, including, coaching, promotions and disciplinary actions.
*** This role can be based either at one of our Fulfillment Centers locations in Italy, Spain, Germany, or at our offices in Luxembourg ***
Please submit your CV in English language
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The Amazon EU Design and Construction team is looking to fill an high-profile role of EU Fulfilment Centers (FC) Construction Lead. The EU Design and Construction team is responsible for delivering storage and processing capacity for Amazon Operations Business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year Fulfilment Center Construction and existing assets refurbishments / improvement / extensions projects. In this leading role he / she will have the opportunity to lead the construction management of Fulfillment Centers in Continental Europe for both new builds and existing buildings refurbishments / improvements / extensions.
The role requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role will be based in Europe and will include frequent travel to all various locations, up to 50% of the time.
This role will analyze and evaluate different contracting scenarios in multiple EU jurisdictions, oversee the activities of Construction Managers in France, Germany, Poland and across Europe. He / she will evaluate existing designs to improve quality, speed of deployment and cost. In addition, he / she will support the standardization of build processes, development of critical construction metrics and reporting the health of the construction organization to appropriate Amazon leadership teams. The successful candidate will need to comfortably perform in an environment that is quickly changing to develop program structure rooted in industry best practices while still adopting the fast moving nature of the technology sector.
This opportunity is multi-disciplinary; requiring depth of knowledge and experience in construction, construction cost control, and multi-sites program management. It requires a person who can demonstrate proven ability in detailed analysis of Fulfilment Centers (FC) design, and its construction through effective management of general construction contractors, as well as the oversight and management of large teams in various countries.
The role will include travel to FC construction sites in Europe for 40-50% of the time.
- Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work
- Support contractors’ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels.
- Coach other new members on best practices.
- May have direct reports.
On Site Execution
- Responsible for overseeing FC construction efforts, either directly and / or through Construction Managers, on-site teams, and General Contractors.
- Responsible for project construction support on new FC site work, building shells and interior mechanical, electrical and plumbing fit-out works.
- Develop, maintain and report on key performance indicator metrics. Routinely analyze and use data to leverage and propagate successful mechanisms, identify risk areas and mitigate systematically.
- Provide leadership and guidance, coaching and mentoring to a team of Construction Managers, guiding all internal and external project teams throughout the full project lifecycle.
- Drive span of control discussions and/or complex roles and responsibilities discussions with critical partners to improve the efficiency of construction management interaction with internal Amazon teams.
- Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance
- Prepare reports, documents, and physical plant technical analysis to report to executive leadership or modify design requirements, equipment and services required
- Provide technical direction within the construction team in the analysis of site-work, building design, master site layout details, schedules and materials, including long lead equipment used in FCs.
- Drive innovative FC construction solutions that reduce cost, improve quality, and decrease the build timing.
- Create an environment for fast moving, iterative continuous improvement.
- Oversee the development, competition, and negotiation of contracts with construction vendors and present formal documentation for approval;
- Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate analysis;
- Represent all construction team related activities in executive staff meetings, including funding requests, correction of errors explanations, and staffing support efforts;
- Align construction cost estimating for future builds (including construction in new regions), construction cost controls, and procurement activities with on-the ground management of physical plant execution.
Strategic Planning & Partner Development
- Ensure alignment and collaboration with all partner teams so that a full FC project is completed in an efficient and cost effective manner, both on the ground execution teams and outside partner teams (Real Estate, Operations Engineering, Startup)
- Align effectively with the Construction Manager to develop a technical strategic roadmap and properly allocate resources to drive innovation.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or construction management. Being a chartered Engineer is an asset.;
- Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.);
Significant experience with technology companies and leveraging construction best practices to drive technology company needs;
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Head of Investment AdvisoryQuintet LuxembourgLuxembourgLuxembourg, LU, L-2955 Job Responsibilities Your main responsibility will be to lead the Investment Advisers team in your Market: Manage the teams in all54 minute agoShareLuxembourg
Student Production assistant (M/F)Siemens AGEsch-sur-AlzetteDo you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and54 minute agoShareEsch-sur-Alzette
Compliance Operations AnalysteBay Inc.LuxembourgAt eBay, we are a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. eBay Payments is a growing organization that8 hour agoShareLuxembourg
Finance ManagerAmazonLuxembourgAmazon Luxembourg DESCRIPTION We are currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Senior Finance Analyst to join our Operations1 day agoShareLuxembourg
(Senior) Climate Change SpecialistEuropean Investment BankLuxembourgThe EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Projects Directorate (PJ) – Safeguards & Quality Management Department (SQM) -3 day agoShareLuxembourg